At Tiagha and Associates, our core skill is assisting entrepreneurs and business people who are looking for opportunities in emerging markets. While emerging markets represent the greatest growth areas in the world, oftentimes they are incredibly risky. Smart business people know you need a sure guide to walk you into the country and orient you to the way business is done in those environments. We have the proven ability to do that.
For our lawyers, international is a mindset and a way of life. Collectively, our lawyers have lived, schooled and worked abroad on five continents. Practically, this means we complement our technical ability with cultural competence, which is one of the essential ingredients in getting the deal done. Furthermore, due to our expansive global network, we can put you in touch with the right person in any sector in any country in the world within 48 hours. We excel at connecting the dots for you, our clients, so that you can focus on developing your business interests. Some of our representations include:
- Opening South Sudan to oil and gas and logistics client that currently has an operating going concern;
- Partnering client with leading insurance group in Kenya to supply fire safety equipment;
- Providing solution to provide technical advice to reinforce the roofs of fuel tanks in Afghanistan;
- Bringing experts to advise on the construction of a rolling refinery in Uzbekistan;
- Facilitating payment of invoice in excess of of $200 million for delivery of jet fuel by successfully rebutting proposed debarment by United Stated Department of the Army;
- Lead counsel in negotiating development of 250+ hectare parcel in a major Nigerian city; and
- Special counsel brought into strategize with foreign local counsel to push back a hostile and illegal takeover of an operating and lucrative commercial property in Nigeria;
Tiagha & Associates is positioned strongest on the African continent where our relationship are both deep and broad. Our strongest professional relationships reside in African business hubs such as Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa. Clients have retained us for some of the following services: Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, International Trade (including A.G.O.A), U.S. Government Relations, Infrastructure Development and selecting local counsel.
† International Business Transactions, Co-Chair